I could site all the passages I've looked up about prayer. In fact, I'm 2 days into a "Prayers of Jesus" devotional. Our Lord and savior was *always* running off to pray somewhere, or just praying about mundane thing's like blessing a meal. Why? He was God incarnate, and man.
Because, he needed to teach us to.
So, I've been trying, especially when asked, to pray. like stop the car, turn off the music, pause netflix, close my laptop, go someplace quiet, and actually PRAY.
So, yesterday it was peace and joy for someone else. Today, it was wisdom and understanding for me. Some prayers I don't know if they are answered immediately, other times I get a word in my head, or emotional (sure sign of the Holy Spirit).
Today, God interrupted me. Cut me off short, several times..
"Is that it Fred?"
Yes, but..
"Why is that all you're asking?"
Well, errrr... I dunno Lord.
So I get "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing" popped in my head, and "but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."
These are both verses buried in passages of instruction to the early churches to be good, get along, work hard, focus on the positive, don't be drunk, or do evil. All things that we try to do everyday right? I mean, we're forgiven anyway, but...
So what's missing? The prayer and the promise. Peace beyond understanding. Joy from the Lord. Sanctification. Complete coverage.
God answers prayers 3 ways: Yes. No. Or not right now. He never says "stop bugging me about it". In fact, the Bible says KEEP PRAYING.
So I'm praying, constantly. And accepting peace, joy and sanctification. For the smallest things, and the huge things beyond my control. I'm thankful for the blessings I've received, and those to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment